Subject: Re: bug#35540: Installer displays encrypted partition password entry in cleartext

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 15:41:10 +0200

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> I would perhaps add that checkbox only for the passphrase, in part
>> because when I test an install I prefer to have fewer keystrokes :-),
>
> The parameter is disabled by default and enabled only for disk
> encryption and root/user passwords so I'm not sure I get what you mean.

I mean that when I do a test install, I essentially hit RET RET RET RET,
and sometimes TAB ludo foo, and this change adds an additional TAB into
the mix; but nevermind, my muscle memory will get used to it.  :-)

>> but also because this might clutter dialog boxes and cause troubles:
>> what if the translation of “Hide” is takes up more space? is it still
>> going to fit?
>
> Hard to say :p, the checkbox is added to widget grids which should adapt
> to terminal size. So unless the translation is really long and the
> screen really small, I hope it fits!

Isn’t the grid constrained by the side of the outer box?  Perhaps we
should enlarge that outer box a bit?

Anyway, I think you can push, it’s already a great improvement IMO.

Thanks,
Ludo’.