Subject: Emacsclient over SSH switches behavior of C-backspace and C-delete

From: Nobuko Three <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:06:13 -0700 (PDT)

* Short description 

Emacsclient that is X-forward over SSH switches bindings for C-backspace and
C-delete.

* How to reproduce the bug

First, run Emacs with -Q option on.

$ emacs -Q &

Then evaluate the following to start server:

(require 'server)
(server-start)

Now ssh into localhost

$ ssh -X localhost

And start an emacsclient frame by running the following command from the ssh
session.

$ emacsclient -c &

Try C-backspace (originally bound to backward-kill-word) and C-delete
(originally, kill-word), you'll see their behavior is switched.

When I start emacs (rather than emacsclient -c) from the ssh session,
there's no problem.
When I run emacsclient -c without involving an ssh session, there's no
problem either.

* Workarounds

1. Stick to M-DEL and M-d, which aren't affected.

* System

Emacs (version)
"GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.3)
 of 2008-10-14 on rothera, modified by Debian"

Ubuntu 8.10

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Emacsclient-over-SSH-switches-behavior-of-C-backspace-and-C-delete-tp24014909p24014909.html
Sent from the Emacs - Bugs mailing list archive at Nabble.com.