Subject: bug#35539: closed (Re: bug#35539: Add more release testing automation for Guix releases)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 12:04:02 +0000

Your bug report

#35539: Add more release testing automation for Guix releases

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
35539: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35539
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#35539: Add more release testing automation for Guix releases
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: "pelzflorian \(Florian Pelz\)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 14:03:02 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I agree we need more automation here.  One way to do this would be
> something like ‘make assert-binaries-available’, which checks for
> substitute availability (it could be a prerequisite of ‘make dist’),
> where we’d explicitly check for DEs on x86_64 and i686.

I did that in 762ba22efe01006d959503dc368ee54b16ccea31; 1.0.1 will
definitely have substitutes for MATE, GNOME, etc.

There’s surely still room for improvement in that area, but let’s open
more specific bugs as we see fit.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: Add more release testing automation for Guix releases
From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 May 2019 10:50:53 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

mate-applets failed to build multiple times in the Guix 1.0 ISO, so
MATE cannot be installed.  I guess I should have tested more before
release; not much can be done about it now (you may close this bug if
really not much can be done), however maybe a more thorough testing
checklist or automation may be helpful for future releases.