Subject: 26.2; Weird <i> and <I> keybindings in an (insert-table) environment.

From: Vladimir Nikishkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2019 19:27:15 +0800

The bug (or, rather a strange behaviour), can be reproduced in the
following way:
1)Create a new buffer.
2)Insert a text table by calling M-x insert-table RET
3)Put the point in the first cell.
4)Type: C-h w table-forward-cell RET

You will see a keybinding called 'C-c C-c <i>'.
You can see similar weird keybindings for other table-* commands.

Those actual keys are nowhere to be found, and no-one on the
#emacs channel on Freenode knows what they are.

It would be nice to either document those keys. Or, perhaps,
it's a bug in Emacs.

This behaviour has been reproduced by friendly people on
#emacs with different setups.

In GNU Emacs 26.2 (build 1, x86_64-slackware-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.8)
 of 2019-04-13 built on hive64.slackware.lan
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
Recent messages:

Making completion list...
(New file)
Wrote /home/lockywolf/DevLinux/linuxbugs-lwf-for-generalized-bugfixes-and-small-scripts/cheatsheets/slackware-isms.tbl
Use +,-,0 for further adjustment
C-x C-g is undefined
previous-line: Beginning of buffer
Saving file /home/lockywolf/DevLinux/linuxbugs-lwf-for-generalized-bugfixes-and-small-scripts/cheatsheets/slackware-isms.tbl...
Wrote /home/lockywolf/DevLinux/linuxbugs-lwf-for-generalized-bugfixes-and-small-scripts/cheatsheets/slackware-isms.tbl
a is undefined

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 --program-prefix= --program-suffix= --mandir=/usr/man
 --infodir=/usr/info --without-gconf --without-gsettings --with-x
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --build=x86_64-slackware-linux 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -fPIC''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GLIB NOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM
THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=SCIM
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-highlight-changes-mode: t
  highlight-changes-visible-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-layout-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader jka-compr face-remap
two-column iso-transl eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe pcase
warnings time-stamp rect tabify table vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
misearch multi-isearch image-dired image-mode format-spec help-fns
radix-tree dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs flycheck-plantuml
plantuml-mode flycheck cl-extra json map find-func help-mode rx subr-x
dash smtpmail sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils starttls autorevert filenotify elec-pair keywiz gamegrid
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs totd s
display-line-numbers disp-table whitespace hilit-chg wid-edit hi-lock
mic-paren ffap thingatpt edmacro kmacro savehist desktop frameset geiser
manoj-dark-theme finder-inf info package easymenu epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 221709 20830)
 (symbols 48 29294 2)
 (miscs 40 1662 1774)
 (strings 32 60043 5584)
 (string-bytes 1 1730553)
 (vectors 16 32605)
 (vector-slots 8 1284818 146948)
 (floats 8 122 423)
 (intervals 56 2320 106)
 (buffers 992 25))

-- 
--
Vladimir Nikishkin (MiEr, lockywolf)