Subject: Re: bug#35529: libdrm fails to build on armhf-linux

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2019 18:41:01 -0400

Hi Ricardo,

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hydra failed two consecutive attempts to build libdrm on armhf-linux:
>>
>>   https://hydra.gnu.org/build/3481547#tabs-summary
>>
>> Both build attempts were made on hydra-slave2, which is a Wandboard Quad
>> based on the Freescale i.MX6 SOC.
>
> This has built fine on berlin.  We have a completed build for
> /gnu/store/3c28p8b07709isd9jlcnnnyrpgz4ndz8-libdrm-2.4.97.

What kind of hardware was it built on?

Note that the failure on Hydra was due to a timeout in the test suite:

  https://hydra.gnu.org/build/3481547/nixlog/6/tail-reload

All of the other tests completed within a few seconds, but the timeout
tripped after 1200 seconds.  So, I'm not sure if it's simply that the
build hardware is too slow.  It might have actually gotten stuck.
Perhaps the test uses /dev/random (as opposed to /dev/urandom) and
there's not enough entropy available on the build machine.

      Thanks,
        Mark