Subject: bug#35521: Mariadb test suite failures on x86_64-linux

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 10:02:29 +0200

Hi all,

for what it counts I 

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:

[...]

>> I'm concerned by how frequently and casually we simply disable failing
>> tests.

I disagree here: disabling in Guix tests is _never_ done casually AFAIS
(as far as I see) but always ponderated and discussed, like in this case
;-)

[...]

> I think disabling specific tests is the least bad of these options.

Also: automated software testing is better than nothing but... who test
tests? *Sometime* it happens that tests introduces "collateral test
bugs" that have nothing to do with actual software issues, including
secutiry ones.

So IMHO neither upstream nor us should "blindly obey" to tests and
disable proved unreliable ones :-D

More on this specific issue in my next repy... :-)

[...]

Happy hacking! Gio'

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures