Subject: bug#35521: Mariadb test suite failures on x86_64-linux

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 17:32:49 -0400

Hi,

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

> Chris Marusich <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been encountering this failure off and on for a few weeks now, and
>> I'd like to help fix it.  In short, it seems like non-deterministic test
>> failures, to me.  I think we should gather data and report the issue
>> upstream, and maybe disable the offending tests in the meantime.
>
> I agree.  I notice many of these failing tests are for the TokuDB
> backend, which I doubt anyone is using in Guix anyway.
>
> Here is a patch that disables all tests mentioned in this report.  I
> would like to push it to core-updates.  Are there others?

I'm concerned by how frequently and casually we simply disable failing
tests.  What is the utility of running test suites at all, if this is
how we respond?

It makes me wonder how many programs are subtly broken on my Guix system
because of this widespread practice.

       Mark