Subject: bug#35519: librsvg broken on i686-linux

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 02:00:26 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 10 May 2019 14:53:40 +0200
Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Hydra failed to build librsvg on i686-linux, because it depends on Rust
> > which is still broken on i686-linux in Guix.  
> 
> Danny opened a bug report with the mrustc upstream:
> 
>     https://github.com/thepowersgang/mrustc/issues/108
> 
> The last message there tells us to try again with current HEAD on
> master.

I tried it now--it *does* work on i686 if I follow the README of mrustc and
build both it and rust 1.19 using the Makefile of mrustc.  (I haven't tested
armhf and x86_64 on mrustc master yet)

But when I use our separate package definitions it fails when building libcore
(which is the first library for the target compiler).
Invoke seems to swallow the output, so I have no idea where or why it failed
(grr).

It's easily possible that some rust 1.19 build flags have to be adapted for
the newer mrustc, but I don't know which yet.
(Obviously, mrustc's makefile and/or Cargo.tomls already did the adaption
if any)