Subject: Re: bug#35514: [PATCH 0/1] gnu: emacs: Add libselinux to inputs.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 14:53:04 +0200

Hi,

Thank you for your contribution [1].  It appears that we missed it.  Sorry
for that.

1: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/35514>

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 at 22:57, wednesday <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Adding libselinux to the inputs of emacs allows it to support it's
> extended file attributes, so emacs can get and set the selinux context
> of a file, as explained near the bottom of these pages here:
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Extended-Attributes.html
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Changing-Files.html
>
> wednesday (1):
>   gnu: emacs: Add libselinux to inputs.

Well, I am not sure it is worth to add this selinux for the base Emacs.
Maybe, such addition could be via a variant.  WDYT?

Cheers,
simon