Subject: bug#35507: Gnus mojibakifies UTF-8 text/x-patch attachments from Thunderbird

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2019 15:02:01 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Thu, 02 May 2019 08:01:38 -0400
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> 
>> I understood from Paul's followup in https://debbugs.gnu.org/35507#32
>> that the report is mainly about the case where there is a Content-Type
>> header with a charset field within the body of the attachment.
>
> Yes, that's my understanding as well.  So I guess Gnus should try
> gleaning the charset from there.  The 'undecided' stuff is for when it
> fails, I think.

Question following an initial reading of (info "(elisp) Coding System
Basics"): would it be better in this case to use prefer-utf-8 instead of
undecided?  If not, why not?

Thanks,

-- 
Basil