Subject: bug#35503: 27.0.50; Startup output and slowdown break Emacs batch applications

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 21:26:41 +0200

Hi!

I don't think this is the case. This is inside the Emacs.app macOS app
distributed by emacsformacosx.com. The Emacs binary isn't a symbolic link,
and it's placed right next to the Emacs.pdmp file.

The only main difference between this and an Emacs I build myself (which is
working) is that in the downloaded-version the Emacs binary is named
something like "Emacs-x86_64-10_10" and the dump file is named
"Emacs.pdmp", whereas in an Emacs I build myself the Emacs binary is named
"Emacs" and the dump file "Emacs.pdmp".

    -- Anders

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 5:40 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
>

> > My crystal ball says that PATH-TO-Emacs is really a symlink to the
> > actual location of Emacs. In that case, Emacs cannot (currently)
> > locate its dump file, hence all the output. If you run Emacs using the
> > fully specified real path, it should be much faster.
>
> My crystal ball agrees.
>
> In general, the description means that Emacs didn't find its pdump
> file, so it loads all the preloaded packages anew.
>