Subject: Re: bug#35492: 27.0.50; set-mouse-color nop

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 21:22:15 +0100

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 02:18:42PM -0400, Devon Sean McCullough wrote:
> The following have no effect:
> 	(set-mouse-color "red")
> 	(set-mouse-color “yellow")
> 	(set-mouse-color "windowBackgroundColor")
> The mouse color should change.

Hi Devon,

I don’t think the NS port supports modifying the mouse pointer. It
looks like it could probably be handled with custom NSCursors.

> P.S. Have you discontinued MacOSX 10.11.6 El Capitan support?
> Emacs-26.2 and later constantly glitch my screen with spurious clearing and redrawing.
> My colleagues report no such aggravation under MacOSX 10.14 Mojave.
> I s’poze I could revert to Emacs-26.1-2 as a workaround.

If your colleagues aren’t seeing any issues with 10.14, it’s probably
a fluke. Either that or you’re doing something, or running something,
which is prodding the bugs in the display system directly.

In macOS 10.14 Apple dropped the drawing mechanism we used, and I’ve
been unable to come up with a suitable alternative.
-- 
Alan Third