Subject: bug#35464: [PATCH] Refactor update_window_begin and update_window_end hooks

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 21:45:37 +0300

> From: Alex Gramiak <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 12:37:28 -0600
> 
> > Also, please don't add gui_* functions extracted from the *term.c
> > files in xdisp.c, as that file is already too large.  Renaming
> > existing functions in xdisp.c is OK, as well as adding static utility
> > functions.  But for new gui_* functions that were originally in
> > xterm.c etc., I'd prefer a new file, let's call it gui_term.c.
> 
> A gui_term.c might be beneficial in the future, but I'm not sure it
> should be the place for RIF procedures like these.

Bu these functions are not RIF procedures, they are just regular
functions.

> I attached an updated patch that currently puts them in terminal.c
> (beside update_begin and update_end), but I think a better place
> would be to put them beside update_window in dispnew.c. WDYT?

It isn't worth arguing about 2 short functions, so OK.  But those in
your other patch should definitely start a new file.