Subject: Re: [bug#35456] [PATCH 1/1] guix package: Add 'install', 'remove', and 'upgrade' aliases.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 10:22:42 +0200

Hello!

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

[...]

>> I have to admit that I never use “--bootstrap”.  You already removed
>> many advanced options of “guix package” from this alias.  Would it make
>> sense to also remove this one?
>
> It’s used only for tests in fact, where we don’t want to rebuild the
> world just to run profile hooks.  Perhaps we could simply remove it from
> the ‘--help’ output, WDYT?

I did that and removed it altogether from ‘guix upgrade’ since there are
no tests using it.

I also updated the Bash completion.

Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]> skribis:

> If you are so confident, go ahead and make me happy by adding at least
> 'guix search' :)

Heheh thanks.  :-)

It also occurred to me that ‘guix search’ would be logical as well,
since that’s, again, one of the first commands one runs.  I’ll send a
patch for that and then I’ll stop here, I promise!

Ludo’.