Subject: Re: Info-copy-current-node-name not exact enough

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:08:19 +0200

[email-masked] writes:

> In GNU Emacs 23.0.94.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.2)
> c runs the command Info-copy-current-node-name
> But it is not enough to distinguish some cases, e.g,. when
> in (info "(dir) Top") we see
> * SC: (emacs-22/sc).            Supercite lets you cite parts of messages
>                                   you're replying to, in flexible ways.
> * SC (emacs-snapshot): (emacs-snapshot/sc).
>                                 Supercite lets you cite parts of messages
>                                   you're replying to, in flexible ways.
>
> No matter which one we are in, C-u 0 c will just give
> (info "(sc) Top"), so there's no command to remember the exact location.
> Deeper down, same problem:
> (info "(sc) The Built-in Header Rewrite Functions")
>
> If there was a command that would give me "a link to send to my friends
> who live on the same machine, that would zero them in to the exact page
> of the two possibilities", then at least I can't find it in the menus.

Sorry, I don't follow you here.  The `c' commands always gives me the
node name, no matter what node I'm in.  Are you seeing something
different?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/