Subject: bug#35446: closed (Re: [bug#35446] [PATCH v2 23/24] gnu: calibre: Update to 3.42.0.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 05 May 2019 15:16:02 +0000

Your bug report

#35446: [PATCH 0/26] Calibre: Update to 3.41.3

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
35446: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35446
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#35446] [PATCH v2 23/24] gnu: calibre: Update to 3.42.0.
From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
To: Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 5 May 2019 17:15:23 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thanks!

I've applied the patchset to guix master with small changes to the commit
messages.  I've put the rationale for each patch into the respective patch
file.

Subject: [PATCH 0/26] Calibre: Update to 3.41.3
From: Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 16:36:35 +1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This patch series brings Calibre up to date, installs desktop files and
enables most tests. There are still 3 tests that fail. Qt test, loading
sqlite, and loading soupsieve. I'm not sure if there are any actual bugs
behind these test failures. I'd greatly appreciate if someone with
python experience could get to the bottom of them. Soupsieve isn't
actually used yet but it looks  like it may become a part of 
beautifulsoup4 and used by Calibre in the  future. Calibre may begin the
slow transition to python3, or use some monstrous hybrid of both.