Subject: Re: bug#35443: 27.0.50; Gnus (nnimap) shows "ghost" messages in summary buffer

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 09:27:10 -0700

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Maybe drop the extra FETCH responses for now, and add proper bookkeeping
>>> later when implementing the requested feature?
>>
>> Okay, I'll work something up in the next week that goes halfway with
>> this.
>
> Did you get any further in fixing this nnimap parsing bug?

No I didn't! I looked at it for a while, had an internal conflict about
just dropping the lines vs actually doing something with them, imagined
all the work that would go into a more fully-featured parser, then got
distracted and forgot about it.

I still hope that in some distant future we could have a real parser
consuming these buffers. So far as I know the only in-emacs options are
in cedet -- wisent and the other one -- but I've never been able to make
them work. And now it sounds like cedet might not even stay in-tree?

Anyway, I'll make a real todo for dropping the lines, though it seems a
shame...

Eric