Subject: bug#35440: 27.0.50; gnus-treat-fill-long-lines fills only cited long lines

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 14:37:29 +0200

Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]> writes:

> gnus-art.el maps `gnus-treat-fill-long-lines' var to function filling
> _cited_ long lines:
>
> (defvar gnus-treatment-function-alist
> ...
>     (gnus-treat-fill-long-lines gnus-article-fill-cited-long-lines)
>
> There seems to be no way to configure that non-cited long lines should
> be filled during article treatment.

I think that's by design -- the `article-fill-long-lines' is prone to
mess up the article pretty badly, and should only be used interactively,
while the other function tries to be somewhat reasonable in what it
fills.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no