Subject: Re: bug#35439: Transmission BitTorrent Client

From: swedebugia <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 12:22:45 +0200

On 2019-04-27 19:24, Timothy Sample wrote:
> Hi Raghav,
> 
> "Raghav Gururajan" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> Oh wow! That's new xD. I just installed as "transmission" with no
>> output tag. What would have been the output? It neither was cli nor
>> gui.
> 
> It installs the “transmission-daemon” binary, which is a daemon that
> other applications can talk to in order manage your torrents.  One
> example of a client is “transmission-gtk”, which is a GTK+ interface,
> but there is also “tremc” which is console-based.  The daemon itself
> provides a Web interface, too, so if you run the daemon and point your
> Web browser at “http://localhost:9091”, it should give you an overview
> of your torrents.

Taking a look at the synopsis and description I found:

synopsis: Fast and easy BitTorrent client
description: Transmission is a BitTorrent client that comes with
graphical, textual, and Web user interfaces.  Transmission also has a
+ daemon for unattended operations.  It supports local peer discovery,
full encryption, DHT, µTP, PEX and Magnet Links.

I think both should be improved to avoid confusion.
->
synopsis: Fast and easy BitTorrent daemon with multiple interfaces

description: Transmission is a BitTorrent client that comes with
graphical, textual, and Web user interfaces.  The default output
installs transmission-daemon, transmission-cli and the web interface at
http://localhost:9091.  It supports local peer discovery, full
encryption, DHT, µTP, PEX and Magnet Links.

WDYT?

-- 
Cheers Swedebugia