Subject: Re: bug#35439: Transmission BitTorrent Client

From: "Raghav Gururajan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 06:22:39 +0000

Sorry, posted in wrong thread. Please ignore my previous email.

April 28, 2019 1:01 AM, "Raghav Gururajan" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Thanks! How can I see the list of services under %desktop-services? I would like to see in the form
> of scheme. Thanks!
> 
> April 27, 2019 1:31 PM, "Timothy Sample" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> Hi Raghav,
>> 
>> "Raghav Gururajan" <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>>> Oh wow! That's new xD. I just installed as "transmission" with no
>>> output tag. What would have been the output? It neither was cli nor
>>> gui.
>> 
>> It installs the “transmission-daemon” binary, which is a daemon that
>> other applications can talk to in order manage your torrents. One
>> example of a client is “transmission-gtk”, which is a GTK+ interface,
>> but there is also “tremc” which is console-based. The daemon itself
>> provides a Web interface, too, so if you run the daemon and point your
>> Web browser at “http://localhost:9091”, it should give you an overview
>> of your torrents.
>> 
>> -- Tim