Subject: [bug#35436] [PATCH 2/2] doc: Minor fixes to the manual.

From: Miguel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 00:57:38 +0200

Hi,

I've squashed the patches for the manual into a single one. It would
have been great having them for the release, but we are almost there
and they are all editorial/typographic issues and probably can wait
for the next release cycle.

Best regards,
Miguel

---
doc: Minor fixes to the manual.

* doc/guix.texi (rakudo-build-system): Fix missing period.
(agetty-configuration): Fix missing subject.
(udev-service): Use @code instead of @var for Scheme procedures.
(openntpd-configuration): Fix spelling issue.
(rsync-service-type): Add missing sentence fragment.
(set-xorg-configuration): Add missing @code tag.
(cups-configuration-error-log,
cups-configuration-page-log): Fix reference to log generation.
(gnome-desktop-service-configuration,
xfce-desktop-service-configuration,
mate-desktop-service-configuration,
enlightenment-desktop-service-configuration): Fix missing colon.
(pam-krb5-configuration): Fix missing period.
(gnu services vpn): Fix spelling issue.
(libvirt-configuration-log-outputs): Fix missing period.
(Guix on a VM#qemu options): Fix missing preposition and double the.
---
 doc/guix.texi | 37 +++++++++++++++++++------------------
 1 file changed, 19 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)
>From 3ac088f0a36f0c135ff60763b6a1a3f3c0234791 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: =?UTF-8?q?Miguel=20=C3=81ngel=20Arruga=20Vivas?=
 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 00:35:14 +0200
Subject: [PATCH 2/2] doc: Minor fixes to the manual.

* doc/guix.texi (rakudo-build-system): Fix missing period.
(agetty-configuration): Fix missing subject.
(udev-service): Use @code instead of @var for Scheme procedures.
(openntpd-configuration): Fix spelling issue.
(rsync-service-type): Add missing sentence fragment.
(set-xorg-configuration): Add missing @code tag.
(cups-configuration-error-log,
cups-configuration-page-log): Fix reference to log generation.
(gnome-desktop-service-configuration,
xfce-desktop-service-configuration,
mate-desktop-service-configuration,
enlightenment-desktop-service-configuration): Fix missing colon.
(pam-krb5-configuration): Fix missing period.
(gnu services vpn): Fix spelling issue.
(libvirt-configuration-log-outputs): Fix missing period.
(Guix on a VM#qemu options): Fix missing preposition and double the.
---
 doc/guix.texi | 37 +++++++++++++++++++------------------
 1 file changed, 19 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/guix.texi b/doc/guix.texi
index fcee57d9cd..297eff2405 100644
--- a/doc/guix.texi
+++ b/doc/guix.texi
@@ -6069,7 +6069,7 @@ are run after installation using the R function
 @end defvr
 
 @defvr {Scheme Variable} rakudo-build-system
-This variable is exported by @code{(guix build-system rakudo)} It
+This variable is exported by @code{(guix build-system rakudo)}.  It
 implements the build procedure used by @uref{https://rakudo.org/,
 Rakudo} for @uref{https://perl6.org/, Perl6} packages. It installs the
 package to @code{/gnu/store/@dots{}/NAME-VERSION/share/perl6} and
@@ -11758,8 +11758,8 @@ interpreted as backspace when the user types their login name.
 
 @item @code{kill-characters} (default: @code{#f})
 This option accepts a string that should be interpreted to mean "ignore
-all previous characters" (also called a "kill" character) when the types
-their login name.
+all previous characters" (also called a "kill" character) when the user
+types their login name.
 
 @item @code{chdir} (default: @code{#f})
 This option accepts, as a string, a directory path that will be changed
@@ -12024,7 +12024,7 @@ A directory path where the @command{guix-daemon} will perform builds.
 @deffn {Scheme Procedure} udev-service [#:udev @var{eudev} #:rules @code{'()}]
 Run @var{udev}, which populates the @file{/dev} directory dynamically.
 udev rules can be provided as a list of files through the @var{rules}
-variable.  The procedures @var{udev-rule} and @var{file->udev-rule} from
+variable.  The procedures @code{udev-rule} and @code{file->udev-rule} from
 @code{(gnu services base)} simplify the creation of such rule files.
 @end deffn
 
@@ -12806,7 +12806,7 @@ A list of local IP addresses or hostnames the ntpd daemon should listen on.
 A list of local IP address the ntpd daemon should use for outgoing queries.
 @item @code{sensor} (default: @code{'()})
 Specify a list of timedelta sensor devices ntpd should use.  @code{ntpd}
-will listen to each sensor that acutally exists and ignore non-existant ones.
+will listen to each sensor that actually exists and ignore non-existent ones.
 See @uref{https://man.openbsd.org/ntpd.conf, upstream documentation} for more
 information.
 @item @code{server} (default: @var{%ntp-servers})
@@ -12997,7 +12997,8 @@ so anyone (or just yourself) can download existing files or upload new
 files.
 
 @deffn {Scheme Variable} rsync-service-type
-This is the type for the @uref{https://rsync.samba.org, rsync} rsync daemon,
+This is the service type for the @uref{https://rsync.samba.org, rsync} daemon,
+The value for this service type is a
 @command{rsync-configuration} record as in this example:
 
 @example
@@ -13696,7 +13697,7 @@ default is @code{-nolisten tcp}.
 @deffn {Scheme Procedure} set-xorg-configuration @var{config} @
   [@var{login-manager-service-type}]
 Tell the log-in manager (of type @var{login-manager-service-type}) to use
-@var{config}, an <xorg-configuration> record.
+@var{config}, an @code{<xorg-configuration>} record.
 
 Since the Xorg configuration is embedded in the log-in manager's
 configuration---e.g., @code{gdm-configuration}---this procedure provides a
@@ -13832,7 +13833,7 @@ Defaults to @samp{"0640"}.
 
 @deftypevr {@code{files-configuration} parameter} log-location error-log
 Defines the error log filename.  Specifying a blank filename disables
-access log generation.  The value @code{stderr} causes log entries to be
+error log generation.  The value @code{stderr} causes log entries to be
 sent to the standard error file when the scheduler is running in the
 foreground, or to the system log daemon when run in the background.  The
 value @code{syslog} causes log entries to be sent to the system log
@@ -13897,7 +13898,7 @@ Defaults to @samp{"0644"}.
 
 @deftypevr {@code{files-configuration} parameter} log-location page-log
 Defines the page log filename.  Specifying a blank filename disables
-access log generation.  The value @code{stderr} causes log entries to be
+page log generation.  The value @code{stderr} causes log entries to be
 sent to the standard error file when the scheduler is running in the
 foreground, or to the system log daemon when run in the background.  The
 value @code{syslog} causes log entries to be sent to the system log
@@ -14643,7 +14644,7 @@ polkit with the actions from @code{gnome-settings-daemon}.
 Configuration record for the GNOME desktop environment.
 
 @table @asis
-@item @code{gnome} (default @code{gnome})
+@item @code{gnome} (default: @code{gnome})
 The GNOME package to use.
 @end table
 @end deftp
@@ -14653,7 +14654,7 @@ This is the type of a service to run the @uref{Xfce, https://xfce.org/}
 desktop environment.  Its value is an @code{xfce-desktop-configuration} object
 (see below.)
 
-This service that adds the @code{xfce} package to the system profile, and
+This service adds the @code{xfce} package to the system profile, and
 extends polkit with the ability for @code{thunar} to manipulate the file
 system as root from within a user session, after the user has authenticated
 with the administrator's password.
@@ -14663,7 +14664,7 @@ with the administrator's password.
 Configuration record for the Xfce desktop environment.
 
 @table @asis
-@item @code{xfce} (default @code{xfce})
+@item @code{xfce} (default: @code{xfce})
 The Xfce package to use.
 @end table
 @end deftp
@@ -14682,7 +14683,7 @@ profile, and extends polkit with the actions from
 Configuration record for the MATE desktop environment.
 
 @table @asis
-@item @code{mate} (default @code{mate})
+@item @code{mate} (default: @code{mate})
 The MATE package to use.
 @end table
 @end deftp
@@ -14694,7 +14695,7 @@ profile, and extends dbus with actions from @code{efl}.
 
 @deftp {Data Type} enlightenment-desktop-service-configuration
 @table @asis
-@item @code{enlightenment} (default @code{enlightenment})
+@item @code{enlightenment} (default: @code{enlightenment})
 The enlightenment package to use.
 @end table
 @end deftp
@@ -18034,7 +18035,7 @@ A service type for the Kerberos 5 PAM module.
 @end defvr
 
 @deftp {Data Type} pam-krb5-configuration
-Data type representing the configuration of the Kerberos 5 PAM module
+Data type representing the configuration of the Kerberos 5 PAM module.
 This type has the following parameters:
 @table @asis
 @item @code{pam-krb5} (default: @code{pam-krb5})
@@ -20120,7 +20121,7 @@ Defaults to @samp{()}.
 
 The @code{(gnu services vpn)} module provides services related to
 @dfn{virtual private networks} (VPNs).  It provides a @emph{client} service for
-your machine to connect to a VPN, and a @emph{servire} service for your machine
+your machine to connect to a VPN, and a @emph{server} service for your machine
 to host a VPN.  Both services use @uref{https://openvpn.net/, OpenVPN}.
 
 @deffn {Scheme Procedure} openvpn-client-service @
@@ -21717,7 +21718,7 @@ Defaults to @samp{"3:remote 4:event"}.
 @deftypevr {@code{libvirt-configuration} parameter} string log-outputs
 Logging outputs.
 
-An output is one of the places to save logging information The format
+An output is one of the places to save logging information.  The format
 for an output can be:
 
 @table @code
@@ -24716,7 +24717,7 @@ better performance than if it were emulating a complete disk drive.  See the
 QEMU and KVM documentation for more info.
 
 @item -drive if=none,file=/tmp/qemu-image,id=myhd
-Use our QCOW image, the @file{/tmp/qemu-image} file, as the backing store the
+Use our QCOW image, the @file{/tmp/qemu-image} file, as the backing store for
 the ``myhd'' drive.
 @end table
 
-- 
2.21.0