Subject: bug#35426: 26.1; emacs slowness linked to one special character

From: DG MAD-eBook <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 16:35:31 +0300

in any text file, when you paste this character : ∈ (0x2208)the emacs editor
become very very very slow almost unusable

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
  of 2018-05-30 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: 07f8f9bc5a51f5aa94eb099f3e15fbe0c20ea1ea
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.17134
Recent messages:
Loading c:/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/recentf...done
Cleaning up the recentf list...done (0 removed)
[yas] Check your `yas-snippet-dirs': c:/DidierUtils/YASnippet is not a 
directory
[yas] Prepared just-in-time loading of snippets with some errors. Check 
*Messages*.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
  'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
  --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: FRA
   locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   yas-global-mode: t
   yas-minor-mode: t
   global-auto-complete-mode: t
   auto-complete-mode: t
   async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
   global-auto-revert-mode: t
   recentf-mode: t
   save-place-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   cua-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-extra yasnippet flymake-proc flymake
compile comint ansi-color ring warnings elec-pair help-mode
auto-complete-nxml thingatpt rng-nxml nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap
sgml-mode dom rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse nxml-enc
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns xmltok nxml-util rx
auto-complete-config auto-complete popup helm-config helm-easymenu
async-bytecomp advice async finder-inf package epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars ido seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
autorevert filenotify recentf tree-widget wid-edit easymenu saveplace
edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib paren delsel cua-base time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win
w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 268693 16506)
  (symbols 56 31681 1)
  (miscs 48 44 122)
  (strings 32 86631 2742)
  (string-bytes 1 2179816)
  (vectors 16 27880)
  (vector-slots 8 661542 12780)
  (floats 8 88 327)
  (intervals 56 310 0)
  (buffers 992 12))
*** E-Mail body has been placed on clipboard, please paste it here! ***
-- 

    MAD eBook

      Pierre CARSALADE

/Directeur Général/
/+261 34 11 428 05/