Subject: bug#35424: Gnome terminal doesn't keep current working directory in new tab/window

From: Ben Sturmfels <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 16:54:48 +1000

On 23/07/19 16:40, Ben Sturmfels wrote:

>>> Interesting.  Is this file installed to /etc/profile.d/vte.sh on other
>>> systems?  Or is it otherwise sourced?
>>>
>>
>> I can only speak for my own system. I don't have gnome-terminal
>> installed, but I do have tilda which uses vte. My
>> ~/.guix-profile/etc/profile.d/ only has bash_completion.sh.
> 
> I wonder if it's just a matter of moving vte to the propagated-inputs of
> gnome-terminal (and other packages like tilda)? I'll try now and report
> back.

Ok, moving vte to propagated-inputs for gnome-terminal makes
~/.guix-profile/etc/profile.d/vte.sh show up if installed with `guix
package` and /etc/profile.d/vte.sh show up if installed with `guix system`.

Neither ~/.guix-profile/etc/profile or /etc/profile source their
respective profile.d files though like Trisquel does. Can someone give
me a lead on how these profiles are generated?

Regards,
Ben