Subject: Re: [bug#35423] [PATCH] gnu: Add julius.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2019 07:02:08 +0200

>> Aside from this, I see that you delete the check phase. Could you
>> explain why?
>
> There are no tests in the project(Makefile).

In that case please use #:tests? #f and add a comment that says that
there are no tests.

>> The license says:
>>
>> 3. When you publish or present any results by using the Software, you
>> must explicitly mention your use of "Large Vocabulary Continuous
>> Speech Recognition Engine Julius".
>>
>> This looks like a problem. Also see
>> https://github.com/julius-speech/julius/issues/29.
>
> Then let's close the bug?

Unfortunately, it does look like this is an unenforcable usage
restriction that is incompatible with free software.  I encourage you to
comment on that upstream issue.  For now I’m closing this.  Let’s hope
that soon this will become free software!

Despite this negative outcome I’d like to thank you for your work on
this!

--
Ricardo