Subject: bug#35418: [PATCH] Don't poll auto-revert files that use notification

From: Zhang Haijun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 02:17:32 +0000

> I don't understand the patch. Symbol kqueue11 does not exist, so do you mean
> 
> +                  func dir
Yes.

> 
> And have you applied the tests in filenotify-tests.el? Do all of them pass?
> 
> Best regards, Michael.

$ make -C test autorevert-tests
 ELC      lisp/autorevert-tests.elc
 GEN      lisp/autorevert-tests.log
Running 5 tests (2019-05-01 10:06:38+0800)
Reverting buffer `auto-revert-testqe4qed'.
  passed  1/5  auto-revert-test00-auto-revert-mode
(Shell command succeeded with no output)
Test auto-revert-test01-auto-revert-several-files backtrace:
 signal(ert-test-failed (((should (string-match "another text" (buffe
 ert-fail(((should (string-match "another text" (buffer-string))) :fo
 (if (unwind-protect (setq value-40 (apply fn-38 args-39)) (setq form
 (let (form-description-42) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-40 (apply
 (let ((value-40 (quote ert-form-evaluation-aborted-41))) (let (form-
 (let* ((fn-38 (function string-match)) (args-39 (condition-case err
 (save-current-buffer (set-buffer buf) (auto-revert--wait-for-revert
 (while --dolist-tail-- (setq buf (car --dolist-tail--)) (save-curren
 (let ((--dolist-tail-- (list buf1 buf2)) buf) (while --dolist-tail--
 (progn (write-region "any text" nil tmpfile1 nil (quote no-message))
 (unwind-protect (progn (write-region "any text" nil tmpfile1 nil (qu
 (let* ((auto-revert--messages "") (g30 (function (lambda (msg) (setq
 (unwind-protect (let* ((auto-revert--messages "") (g30 (function (la
 (let* ((cp (executable-find "cp")) (tmpdir1 (make-temp-file "auto-re
 (lambda nil (let* ((fn-23 (function executable-find)) (args-24 (cond
 ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
 ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name auto-revert-test01-auto-revert-severa
 ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (tag :unstable))
 ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
 ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
 ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
 eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit (quote (not (tag :unstable)))))
 command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/autorevert-tests.el"
 command-line()
 normal-top-level()
Test auto-revert-test01-auto-revert-several-files condition:
   (ert-test-failed
    ((should
      (string-match "another text"
                    (buffer-string)))
     :form
     (string-match "another text" "any text")
     :value nil))
  FAILED  2/5  auto-revert-test01-auto-revert-several-files
Reverting buffer `auto-revert-test49vRly'.
Reverting buffer `auto-revert-test49vRly'.
Reverting buffer `auto-revert-test49vRly'.
  passed  3/5  auto-revert-test02-auto-revert-deleted-file
Reverting buffer `auto-revert-testvVIyEY'.
  passed  4/5  auto-revert-test03-auto-revert-tail-mode
ls does not support --dired; see `dired-use-ls-dired' for more details.
Reverting buffer `T'.
Reverting buffer `T'.
  passed  5/5  auto-revert-test04-auto-revert-mode-dired

Ran 5 tests, 4 results as expected, 1 unexpected (2019-05-01 10:07:23+0800)

1 unexpected results:
  FAILED  auto-revert-test01-auto-revert-several-files

make[1]: *** [lisp/autorevert-tests.log] Error 1
make: *** [lisp/autorevert-tests] Error 2