Subject: bug#35416: OpenVPN Client Service

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 20:40:49 +0200

Raghav,

Raghav Gururajan wrote:
> Including "openvpn-client-service-type" does not invoke and add
> "openvpn" package into the system.

This is basically bug #35417, so I'm going to merge (and close) 
both of them.  You'll find that this is true for all services, and 
these are not bugs.  Really! :-)

> Therefore, "openvpn-client-service-
> type" is of no use, if it does not invoke and add "openvpn" 
> package
> into the system.

Strongly disagree.

What's ‘invoke’ supposed to mean here?  The openvpn service *does* 
invoke openvpn.

If you want (your) user to do the same, like all packages, openvpn 
must be added to SYSTEM-PACKAGES or installed into their own 
profile.

Kind regards,

T G-R