Subject: bug#35400: 27.0.50; Timers repeated after waking from suspend

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 15:34:11 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> If we decide to consider this a feature (I guess there can be
>> circumstances where it might make sense, tho I'm not sure those would
>> really work well with the way we handle timers), I think we should
>> provide some way for users of timers to indicate whether they want to
>> use this feature or not (and I think it makes sense to default to not
>> using this feature).
>
> I think you can already control this by customizing the value of
> timer-max-repeats.  It is 10 by default, so you should never see more
> than 10 repetitions, no matter how long was Emacs suspended.

Right, so the only question here is whether to change the value of that
variable (to not repeat).  I think that would certainly be less
surprising, but I'm not sure whether that would break people's code or
not?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no