Subject: bug#35395: GUIX website redirections are failing

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 05:20:51 -0400

On 2019-04-25 10:53, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
> > The fix is to send out real (HTTP 307/302) redirections, but the
> > problem might be that gnu.org won't let us.
>
> Exactly.
>
> Can anyone reproduce the problem, though?  Both emacs-w3m and IceCat
> follow redirects just fine for me.
>
> That said, we should at least change the references used on the web site
> (home page, help page, etc.) to use the “real” URL with /en.  Any
> takers?

Hi Ludo’,

If you're having problems reproducing the issue, it may be because some
security setting I have for my browsing (some setting in emacs-w3m and
some extension in firefox). If it really is necessary, I can try to
trace it, but I have each 'loaded up' quite heavily and it seems that
since Tobias has already identified the cause as an HTML "special"ness,
there's no need.

BTW, for some reason debbugs.gnu.org didn't automatically subscribe me
to this thread, even though I authored it. You seem to have actively
cc'ed me, but I needed to navigate to the bugreport URI to see the input
from Tobias and Quiliro.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0