Subject: Re: [bug#35394] [PATCH 1/1 v4] Grub i18n

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 18:32:39 +0200

Hi Miguel,

Miguel Ángel Arruga Vivas <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This is the latest version of the patch, that could be applied to
> master.
>
> They have been reduced to one patch, and as on previous versions of this
> series of patches only the grub messages are translated, not the menu
> entries generated by guix (yet).

Sounds good.  I think the way you split patches in v3 was fine too (the
added test was also a nice bonus), so I actually have a slight
preference for v3.

>>>From 885a7c167faafa295b0f3edaae1ee456eacf1e63 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: =?UTF-8?q?Miguel=20=C3=81ngel=20Arruga=20Vivas?=
>  <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 18:18:45 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH] system: Use locale information in grub.cfg.
>
> * gnu/bootloader/grub.scm (define-module): Add new dependency.
> (grub-configuration-file): Add locale keyword.
> (grub-configuration-file)[locale-config]: New variable with generated
> locale configuration when locale parameter has been provided.
> [builder]: Add locale-config.
> * gnu/machine/ssh.scm (roll-back-managed-host): Use locale information
> from boot-parameters.
> * gnu/system.scm (define-module)[export]: Add boot-parameters-locale.
> (<boot-parameters>)[locale]: New field.
> [boot-parameters-locale]: New accessor.
> (read-boot-parameters): Read locale field.
> (operating-system-boot-parameters): Provide operating-system locale to
> oboot-parameters record.
> (operating-system-boot-parameters-file): Likewise.
> (operating-system-bootcfg): Provide locale information to the bootloader.
> * guix/system/script.scm (reinstall-bootloader): Likewise.

This (and v3) LGTM!  We’ll have to do another round of testing before
1.2.

¡Gracias!

Ludo’.