Subject: Re: bug#35389: 27.0.50; [PATCH] Emacs on macOS sets mouse-wheel variables directly

From: Tak Kunihiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 08:29:28 +0900

>> (1 ((shift) . 5) ((control)))
>
> No, I don’t think it was discussed at all. As I said I think it was
> just thrown out there and nobody commented so it made it right
> through. I don’t think it matters at all if we want to do something
> different.

I think I proposed to change the default to that value before.  What was
in my mind is to maintain controlling amount of scroll by shift key.

  1. Current default (5 ((shift) . 1) ((control))) with acceleration,
  the only concern is to scroll less.  My muscle leaned to control speed
  of scroll by pressing shift.
  
  2. Value (1 ((shift) . 1) ((control))) works good for me.  I never
  think about speeding down the scroll.  Occasionally I want to speed up
  scroll.

  3. Value (1 ((shift) . 5) ((control))) is good for typical scroll and
  occasional fast scroll with the muscle memory.

I'm not insisting to change the default, on this post.