Subject: bug#35383: 27.0.50; Complete process of decoding Gnus group names

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 14:07:32 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Okay, I decided to squash into two commits: the first holding the vast
> majority of the changes (but still fairly atomic), and the second
> holding some temporary backward compatibility tomfoolery, which should
> be replaced by a proper upgrade (including an uptick to Gnus' version)
> before 27 is released.
>
> Speak now! Or... file bug reports later.

Wow.  That's a huge patch.  :-)

I've only...  skimmed it (if you can call it that), but the main idea is
sound.  As there isn't any test harness for this, really, I guess the
only way to find out whether there's any fallout from this change is to
apply it and see what breaks, and then fix that.  So when it's applied
you should be on hand to quickly fix breakages over the next week or
so.  :-)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no