Subject: Re: bug#35383: 27.0.50; Complete process of decoding Gnus group names

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 09:22:57 -0700

Deus Max <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> I would be happy to test for gnus group names.
>
> Sorry, I haven't been following the thread.
> So, how can I help testing ?

Cool, thanks! I don't know if you've built Emacs from git before, so
here's complete instructions, assuming something unixy:

git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs.git
cd emacs
git checkout scratch/gnus-decoded
make (maybe ./autogen.sh is needed?)
[back up your newsrc.eld file, and gnus.registry.eieio if you use it]
src/emacs

Then just start Gnus as normal. Basically I'm just hoping that nothing
"funny" happens. Do what you usually do, maybe kill and yank some
groups, copy messages around, etc. See if anything looks wrong. There's
such an enormous variety of Gnus customization out there, it's important
to get more people with more setups running the code.

Test until you get bored, and let me know if you see anything!

Thanks again,
Eric