Subject: Re: [bug#35348] [PATCH] gnu: [email-masked]: Update to 1.4-bootstrap-20171003.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 13:33:02 -0400

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 03:41:34PM -0400, Alex Griffin wrote:
> The Go bootstrap compiler in Guix currently includes a couple
> unnecessary workarounds for bugs which have already been fixed. This
> patch switches to using the bootstrap branch which is still maintained
> upstream.

Thanks for taking care of this!

How did you find this newer tarball? It doesn't appear at
<https://golang.org/dl/> or the Go GitHub page. Can you add a code
comment with a link and send a revised patch?

> From 4d784a54e5736d2eaeac2a6e9ed14c7d11598705 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Alex Griffin <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 14:01:17 -0500
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: [email-masked]: Update to 1.4-bootstrap-20171003.
> 
> * gnu/packages/golang.scm (go-1.4): Use the bootstrap branch that is
> still support upstream.
> [version]: Update to 1.4-bootstrap-20171003.
> [arguments]: Remove fix to timezone test which is now included upstream. Don't
> manually disable CGO because it is disabled by default. Manually enable test
> suite because future releases will disable tests by default.

LGTM.

I think the number of packages that will need to be rebuilt is small
enough that we can push this directly to the master branch, and this
update should not have any effect on the later compiler versions, but
did you check that major Go packages like mongo-tools, restic, and
Syncthing still build?