Subject: bug#35344: 26.2; (elisp) `Undo' for `undo-auto-amalgamate'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2019 16:29:50 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> This doc does not seem sufficient.  Unlike the doc string, what it says
> for `undo-auto-amalgamate' does not seem to describe the function at all.
>
> It seems to try to provide some info about amalgamating, but it does not
> tell what this function does (AFAICT).
>
> Please describe this function.

I've now done that.

> But please also consider explaining how
> to use it - that's not clear to me.  Presumably you can use it to group
> what would otherwise be separate undo pieces into a single undo chunk.
> How to do that is not clear (to me), and there is no distributed Lisp
> code that uses it, to refer to as an example.  The only reference made
> to its use is to C-coded functions (which are the only distributed
> functions that use it).

I knew nothing about it before reading the section, and it seems pretty
clear to me what it does.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no