Subject: Re: [bug#35318] [PATCH] Update cargo-build-system to expand package inputs

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 10:00:50 +0200

Hello,

Ivan Petkov <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From ca6dfd9451f22c4d6dc02aa7eceee0c35800dd57 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Ivan Petkov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 03:32:44 -0700
> Subject: [PATCH 1/4] packages: allow dynamic input closure computation
>
> * guix/packages: (transitive-inputs): Rename to
> package-transitive-dependencies.
> (package-transitive-dependencies): Add proc parameter and use it.
> (transitive-inputs): Add it.

There’s nothing written in terms of “dependencies”; instead everything
is written in terms of “inputs”, so I’d like to remain consistent here.

If we need something more specific, I’d rather see it as a private
procedure in (guix build-system cargo-build-system).

Danny wrote:

> It's used in patch 2 in order to consider both inputs and propagated inputs
> rather than just propagated inputs.

I’m not sure I want to know the details :-), but it seems to be what
‘package-transitive-inputs’ does, no?

  (define (package-transitive-inputs package)
    "Return the transitive inputs of PACKAGE---i.e., its direct inputs along
  with their propagated inputs, recursively."
    (transitive-inputs (package-direct-inputs package)))

Do you have an example of a package where this is not enough?

Thanks,
Ludo’.