Subject: bug#35314: closed (Re: bug#35314: Bug Report)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 02:47:03 +0000

Your bug report

#35314: Bug Report

which was filed against the automake package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
35314: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35314
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#35314: Bug Report
From: Karl Berry <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 19:01:49 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi - regarding this bug report from almost two years ago (sorry).
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35314

    Here is the bug log for my last build.

>From a brief glance at the attached test-suite.log, it seems the ar
program on this system was missing or somehow not functional. This
apparently accounts for most if not all of the errors:

  11834:checking the archiver (ar) interface... unknown
  11835:configure: error: could not determine ar interface

I can't guess why that would be so on your particular version of Fedora.

At any rate, I'm guessing that you or the system have moved on since
then, since I haven't seen any more recent bug reports about it. So
tentatively closing this for automake. --best, karl.

Subject: Bug Report
From: "Matthew J. McKay" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 06:38:03 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Here is the bug log for my last build.

It is a recurring error.

I need to correct the system.

Matthew