Subject: bug#35310: 11.91; AUCTeX/Evince: server does not start, poor direct search, inverse search does not work

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 22:30:17 +0900

Hi Cédric,

>>>>> Cédric Martínez Campos <[email-masked]> writes:
> Just after opening a .tex file.

> (featurep 'dbusbind) C-x C-e
> t
> (TeX-evince-dbus-p "gnome" "evince") C-x C-e
> nil

Thanks, then emacs itself supports dbus but AUCTeX isn't ready to use it
for some reason.

> I was using a script I found many years ago on the web but it stopped
> working. I therefore changed to another script,
> https://gist.github.com/dandrake/2297447, which didn't work either. It
> gives me the following error:

> D-Bus error: "Unit org.gnome.Evince.service not found."

Hmm.  It looks like that your system does have working dbus.  Maybe the
interface which AUCTeX is using has changed due to, say, the upgrade of
Ubuntu?  Sorry, I'm not familiar with dbus nor Ubuntu, so I'm afraid
that I cannot be of your help anymore.
Are there anyone out there who knows dbus well and is willing to find
out what's going on?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita