Subject: bug#35308: GDM refuses to log in with propagated glib

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 15:03:36 +0100

Hello,

I digged further, and tracked propagated inputs from
"python-matplotlib". So, it propagates "python-cairo", which in turn
propagates "cairo", and then "glib". Also, no propagated input from
"glib" has an issue with GDM, this is the stop point.

So, basically, if your manifest is:

    (specifications->manifest '("glib"))

and you use GDM from a foreign distro (Debian 10 in my case), you cannot
log in.

The only workaround I know of at this point is to add the following
lines to, e.g., ".profile":

    unset GI_TYPELIB_PATH
    unset XDG_DATA_DIRS

Help would be appreciated at this point.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou