Subject: bug#35275: spelling mistake manual pages

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 08:12:23 -0500

tag 35275 notabug
thanks

On 4/14/19 7:22 AM, Vikas Talan wrote:
> Dear Sir/Mam,
> I found a spelling mistake in the manual pages. The topic is "22.2 LIMITING
> RESOURCE USAGE" and the spelling mistake is "may". It should be "MANY".
> Kindly check this and make it correct.

Attaching a 2M picture of a screenshot and spamming multiple lists at
once puts unnecessary load on the mail servers as it must fan that out
to all list recipients, even where it is not relevant. Please don't do
that in the future, when a text paste to a single targeted list is
sufficient and much more bandwidth-friendly.

The sentence is from the glibc info pages. And the text is correct as
written. It is talking about a single call that "may fail", not "many
failures" of multiple calls.  I am replying solely to the coreutils list
to drop the bug from the coreutils database, rather than spamming all
the other lists mentioned in your original mail (if it HAD been a bug,
the glibc manual also mentions that you should report bugs in the manual
to https://sourceware.org/bugzilla, or at a bare minimum the libc
mailing list - which I did not see in your scattershot report).

-- 
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3226
Virtualization:  qemu.org | libvirt.org