Subject: Re: bug#35274: guix unable to pull or reconfigure as root

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 15:02:41 +0200

Hello,

<[email-masked]> skribis:

> building directory of Info manuals...
> Backtrace:
>           10 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/0f4zf4bnfasysq3lsc0a6rfcsp6?")
> In ice-9/eval.scm:
>    721:20  9 (primitive-eval (begin (use-modules (guix build #) ?) ?))
> In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
>   1235:36  8 (expand-top-sequence ((begin (use-modules (# # ?) ?) ?)) ?)
>   1182:24  7 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
>   1182:24  6 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
>    285:10  5 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) (()) _ c&e (eval) ?)
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>   3377:20  4 (process-use-modules _)
>    222:17  3 (map1 (((guix build utils)) ((srfi srfi-1)) ((srfi ?)) ?))
>   3378:31  2 (_ ((guix build utils)))
>    2803:6  1 (resolve-interface _ #:select _ #:hide _ #:prefix _ # _ ?)
> In unknown file:
>            0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S" ("no code for modu?" ?) ?)
>
> ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
> no code for module (guix build utils)
> builder for `/gnu/store/21dpv46d3bqxivs7mq0jqic6d5hdjmph-info-dir.drv' 
> failed with exit code 1

Could you share the output of ‘guix describe’ and ‘guix --version’?

This looks like a bug that was fixed a few months back:

  https://issues.guix.info/issue/27476

Thanks in advance,
Ludo’.