Subject: bug#35274: closed (Re: bug#35274: guix unable to pull or reconfigure as root)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 15:40:02 +0000

Your bug report

#35274: guix unable to pull or reconfigure as root

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
35274: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35274
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#35274: guix unable to pull or reconfigure as root
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 17:39:11 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing due to lack of feedback.

Subject: guix unable to pull or reconfigure as root
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 16:08:28 +0200 (CEST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I'm running guixSD and I seem to have broken the guix command as root (it 
works as a normal user). How can I fix it? When I run 'guix pull' I get the 
following output:

# guix pull
Updating channel 'guix-nonfree-wingo' from Git repository at 'https://
github.com/wingo/guix-nonfree.git'...
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.
org/git/guix.git'...
Building from these channels:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    6b11da7
  guix-nonfree-wingohttps://github.com/wingo/guix-nonfree.git    455d9dd
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... /
The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/crqzz377hiw10xdnwbd85sh3qsc7743z-profile.drv
The following profile hooks will be built:
   /gnu/store/bq8gbnk94a2caf1aaljsqnkmi465wqcy-manual-database.drv
   /gnu/store/7rcx6mhlr2vp593kw5w729k8hp7qsd7k-info-dir.drv
building directory of Info manuals...
Backtrace:
          10 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/22way7ahrxy50splj6qkg0qkifw?")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   721:20  9 (primitive-eval (begin (use-modules (guix build #) ?) ?))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
  1235:36  8 (expand-top-sequence ((begin (use-modules (# # ?) ?) ?)) ?)
  1182:24  7 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
  1182:24  6 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
   285:10  5 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) (()) _ c&e (eval) ?)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  3377:20  4 (process-use-modules _)
   222:17  3 (map1 (((guix build utils)) ((srfi srfi-1)) ((srfi ?)) ?))
  3378:31  2 (_ ((guix build utils)))
   2803:6  1 (resolve-interface _ #:select _ #:hide _ #:prefix _ # _ ?)
In unknown file:
           0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S" ("no code for modu?" ?) ?)

ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
no code for module (guix build utils)
builder for `/gnu/store/7rcx6mhlr2vp593kw5w729k8hp7qsd7k-info-dir.drv' 
failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/7rcx6mhlr2vp593kw5w729k8hp7qsd7k-info-dir.drv failed
View build log at '/var/log/guix/drvs/7r/cx6mhlr2vp593kw5w729k8hp7qsd7k-info
-dir.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/crqzz377hiw10xdnwbd85sh3qsc7743z-
profile.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix pull: error: build failed: build of `/gnu/store/crqzz377hiw10xdnwbd85sh
3qsc7743z-profile.drv' failed
root@yoga-guix /home/timothy/config/guix# guix pull
Updating channel 'guix-nonfree-wingo' from Git repository at 'https://
github.com/wingo/guix-nonfree.git'...
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.
org/git/guix.git'...
Building from these channels:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    cabe8f1
  guix-nonfree-wingohttps://github.com/wingo/guix-nonfree.git    455d9dd
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
1.8 MB will be downloaded:
   /gnu/store/adbpzqi725y9ywgsvbnqmj2kjap0853k-compute-guix-derivation
   /gnu/store/bq71g8vg22pc0vx6asyfcnckxqxsg7z7-module-import
   /gnu/store/j1k664ldcwbyg23dkz8icvc0bm2gb5c8-module-import-compiled
substituting /gnu/store/bq71g8vg22pc0vx6asyfcnckxqxsg7z7-module-import...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/bq71g8vg22pc0vx6asyfcnckxqxsg
7z7-module-import...
 module-import  2KiB                  796KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/j1k664ldcwbyg23dkz8icvc0bm2gb5c8-module-import-
compiled...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/j1k664ldcwbyg23dkz8icvc0bm2gb
5c8-module-import-compiled...
 module-import-compiled  1.7MiB       802KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/adbpzqi725y9ywgsvbnqmj2kjap0853k-compute-guix-
derivation...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/adbpzqi725y9ywgsvbnqmj2kjap
0853k-compute-guix-derivation...
 compute-guix-derivation  856B        387KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... -
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/mgrfbhnjkib39zq20f560jxvni0aflc2-guix-nonfree-wingo.drv
   /gnu/store/4zisbw8kkagrscibxn2kp75pryyy9dqa-guix-cabe8f184.drv
   /gnu/store/zs7nr84r1wkgx5adcagbr1vj81pg5fhh-guix-daemon.drv
   /gnu/store/v4na6dadh9jk0wpfpwnk28sl2g040v1s-guix-manual.drv
   /gnu/store/sp360c1ryx21vkk5zysv02a0p39fg273-guix-command.drv
   /gnu/store/hlblpwxwv84zcxkhy6nq2cc7bf1vxc1q-module-import-compiled.drv
   /gnu/store/2yskwsnr04yxlc82sdzb6gp63zainm5j-guix-cabe8f184-modules.drv
   /gnu/store/xac0q5sr622rqbiv9fjaya8cf4v7nm4q-guix-cli-modules.drv
   /gnu/store/r4d37lb61g40kdvapvccblsji4vfg77g-guix-system-modules.drv
   /gnu/store/n3lzz7mm8miw06bpi3fm4hgr5x0irz3w-guix-packages-base-modules.
drv
   /gnu/store/h1bcaa585wbmvdy5g7bf094xp1f1apk9-guix-system-tests-modules.drv
   /gnu/store/h00701smf7rjcia172sr41nyfrvhic8k-guix-config-modules.drv
   /gnu/store/gbbilcxgw31w2l63ki5m2xs50sn94mq5-module-import-compiled.drv
   /gnu/store/f0my46kkbsiqz33qlyx0gjr5z343rd7r-guix-packages-modules.drv
   /gnu/store/dr6snf6sj20ikym7m5x0hksyik430f90-guix-core-modules.drv
   /gnu/store/9m4yq9ahgsplbv7l3yj2jr496bcfgwqj-guix-extra-modules.drv
   /gnu/store/6sgvllsmahljhlcfavjj7924fg0jpkkh-guix-extra.drv
   /gnu/store/xi1gi30wsi8jkcvwsrvnbdkcqaczs3xr-guix-core.drv
   /gnu/store/whdd49n2bl86z6kmh72rkv320nnk4jhp-guix-core-source.drv
   /gnu/store/6nzxg8cswwqp2rs4xlwgriw2v3w4icyv-module-import-compiled.drv
   /gnu/store/jmd44dph9nad00pq1fzq5rbn82ba1q05-guix-packages.drv
   /gnu/store/2g5kp3sh8mgy5xn8h4q72jqkcz7n8ddy-guix-packages-base.drv
   /gnu/store/kq16yx9hqyjn4ra2ld2nvj5gvvp70nhy-guix-config-source.drv
   /gnu/store/hhvawn337dch9l6l6rckdhvs2ilgal91-guix-config.drv
   /gnu/store/0xkxpag5p40pm5pw84ibh8hww7cii8kw-config.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/kvmmmgrdg1gmwbq8pm32piichfgxznqn-guix-system-tests.drv
   /gnu/store/zbaakpbhjl975hfa1j3slr68kiw3765p-guix-system.drv
   /gnu/store/9ayhd6bzwpkidh14879i59xw3f6gfawi-guix-cli.drv
   /gnu/store/ihg030qqmxs7vb1gkggfv2ihhy9i97da-guix-module-union.drv
   /gnu/store/ar8457irv9g44x8sf4izlkjjhhfpwdgx-guix-locale-guix.drv
   /gnu/store/5q4am1q2l3xsqavp4jdbnfqhlsrl3an8-guix-locale-guix-packages.drv
   /gnu/store/z9mgfj87zpdw91g553xi32h1w7b7j4mw-module-import-compiled.drv
   /gnu/store/3jfqfg4c0wssq8lm2av8297dq3ry5kz8-guix-nonfree-wingo.drv
   /gnu/store/1108wbnyinkgpndfrbs62ry42xsrh69z-profile.drv
The following graft will be made:
   /gnu/store/pz1bg55glariad6wcsn7ijnnxw7djdi3-graphviz-2.40.1.drv
The following profile hooks will be built:
   /gnu/store/71ykizf5m0mq9awk9nlfaa8i0a1k6ycf-manual-database.drv
   /gnu/store/21dpv46d3bqxivs7mq0jqic6d5hdjmph-info-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/rmfinlzdykwk2zb4d4jqggjlyhks0fxv-ca-certificate-bundle.drv
   /gnu/store/zng7c6a5q0v70yn1x4b5zmsbs3260440-fonts-dir.drv
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substituting /gnu/store/h54q3zlavg8igrqz67ia6lw76zdy8zvd-guix-manual...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/h54q3zlavg8igrqz67ia6lw76zdy8
zvd-guix-manual...
 guix-manual  2.6MiB                388.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/blp6ifpnds5q3a4d2lqccwkp5qs6qr0r-config.scm...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/blp6ifpnds5q3a4d2lqccwkp5qs6
qr0r-config.scm...
 config.scm  671B                     343KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/lr464ib0a3k0prnwzz4d57qk1avfwiyr-guix-config...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/lr464ib0a3k0prnwzz4d57qk1
avfwiyr-guix-config...
 guix-config  4KiB                    1.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/h106yak0z1shi5fzyq144dxdmjd0zpss-guix-config-
source...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/h106yak0z1shi5fzyq144dxdmjd0
zpss-guix-config-source...
 guix-config-source  180B              62KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/h95phrqzsnvixma7i8ci7kwn622w3n90-guix-core...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/h95phrqzsnvixma7i8ci7kwn622w3
n90-guix-core...
 guix-core  1.7MiB                    769KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/hnfvhlmg7y6k9mjagxlk6bdx6a6rgx73-guix-config-
modules...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/hnfvhlmg7y6k9mjagxlk6bdx6a6
rgx73-guix-config-modules...
 guix-config-modules  270B            122KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/hhzalnzks723jadhhi56kag8zpq2lqpz-guix-core-source...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/hhzalnzks723jadhhi56kag8zpq2
lqpz-guix-core-source...
 guix-core-source  2KiB               803KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/slashh3xz7608b5r9hr9g003lqbbasnr-guix-extra...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/slashh3xz7608b5r9hr9g003
lqbbasnr-guix-extra...
 guix-extra  2.2MiB                   807KiB/s 00:03 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/6ff7p6lzvykmhfj1a1a6l8bjmm146ca2-guix-core-
modules...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/6ff7p6lzvykmhfj1a1a6l8bjmm146
ca2-guix-core-modules...
 guix-core-modules  267B              135KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/y28a946pqkjr9l68paw7a1ajdd65yzwk-guix-extra-
modules...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/y28a946pqkjr9l68paw7a1ajdd65
yzwk-guix-extra-modules...
 guix-extra-modules  268B              65KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/a3mdlq0919f9z541x661wd1wc69rwbhg-guix-locale-guix...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/a3mdlq0919f9z541x661wd1wc69
rwbhg-guix-locale-guix...
 guix-locale-guix  184KiB             552KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/rczg59vz1aw0fmvz23j5dfyigbnhb7ij-guix-locale-guix-
packages...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/rczg59vz1aw0fmvz23j5dfyigbnhb
7ij-guix-locale-guix-packages...
 guix-locale-guix-packages  142KiB    395KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/fi037bcbjna4v5jc4lak62y6nsrv5af4-guix-packages...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/fi037bcbjna4v5jc4lak62y6nsrv5
af4-guix-packages...
 guix-packages  6.0MiB                836KiB/s 00:07 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/p16y33vqp0pnhd6i4a477f2h3fccg0r4-guix-packages-
base...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/p16y33vqp0pnhd6i4a477f2h3fccg
0r4-guix-packages-base...
 guix-packages-base  13.3MiB          941KiB/s 00:14 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/gbmx14s06mvcgqmx156p7xif4gmgq2cz-guix-packages-
modules...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/gbmx14s06mvcgqmx156p7xif4gmgq
2cz-guix-packages-modules...
 guix-packages-modules  270B           87KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/z44whzhr2yhmkdcj514iy2y3nqj9bcvs-guix-packages-base-
modules...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/z44whzhr2yhmkdcj514iy2y3nqj9
bcvs-guix-packages-base-modules...
 guix-packages-base-modules  276B     132KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/7l35v4hrc21apkq3b030pg84nlc2s4nl-module-import-
compiled...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/7l35v4hrc21apkq3b030pg84nlc2s
4nl-module-import-compiled...
 module-import-compiled  125KiB       632KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/kyx4mx1n2ln0qx80j7y9c0gdczkb4xlb-module-import-
compiled...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/kyx4mx1n2ln0qx80j7y9c0gdczkb4
xlb-module-import-compiled...
 module-import-compiled  9KiB         3.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

substituting /gnu/store/syp239hi3xjgxdm8r4hvhhzh67i5ixgl-module-import-
compiled...
downloading from https://ci.guix.info/nar/gzip/syp239hi3xjgxdm8r4hvhhzh67i5
ixgl-module-import-compiled...
 module-import-compiled  45KiB        1.0MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 
100.0%

building /gnu/store/zbaakpbhjl975hfa1j3slr68kiw3765p-guix-system.drv...
[136/136] compiling...    100.0% of 68 files
successfully built /gnu/store/zbaakpbhjl975hfa1j3slr68kiw3765p-guix-system.
drv
building /gnu/store/9ayhd6bzwpkidh14879i59xw3f6gfawi-guix-cli.drv...
[ 92/ 92] compiling...    100.0% of 46 files
successfully built /gnu/store/9ayhd6bzwpkidh14879i59xw3f6gfawi-guix-cli.drv
building /gnu/store/r4d37lb61g40kdvapvccblsji4vfg77g-guix-system-modules.
drv...
successfully built /gnu/store/r4d37lb61g40kdvapvccblsji4vfg77g-guix-system-
modules.drv
building /gnu/store/xac0q5sr622rqbiv9fjaya8cf4v7nm4q-guix-cli-modules.drv...
successfully built /gnu/store/xac0q5sr622rqbiv9fjaya8cf4v7nm4q-guix-cli-
modules.drv
building /gnu/store/kvmmmgrdg1gmwbq8pm32piichfgxznqn-guix-system-tests.
drv...
[  5/ 38] loading...     26.3% of 19 filesrandom seed for tests: 1555236667
[ 38/ 38] compiling...    100.0% of 19 files
successfully built /gnu/store/kvmmmgrdg1gmwbq8pm32piichfgxznqn-guix-system-
tests.drv
building /gnu/store/h1bcaa585wbmvdy5g7bf094xp1f1apk9-guix-system-tests-
modules.drv...
successfully built /gnu/store/h1bcaa585wbmvdy5g7bf094xp1f1apk9-guix-system-
tests-modules.drv
building /gnu/store/2yskwsnr04yxlc82sdzb6gp63zainm5j-guix-cabe8f184-modules.
drv...
successfully built /gnu/store/2yskwsnr04yxlc82sdzb6gp63zainm5j-guix-cabe8f
184-modules.drv
building /gnu/store/ihg030qqmxs7vb1gkggfv2ihhy9i97da-guix-module-union.
drv...
successfully built /gnu/store/ihg030qqmxs7vb1gkggfv2ihhy9i97da-guix-module-
union.drv
building /gnu/store/sp360c1ryx21vkk5zysv02a0p39fg273-guix-command.drv...
successfully built /gnu/store/sp360c1ryx21vkk5zysv02a0p39fg273-guix-command.
drv
building /gnu/store/zs7nr84r1wkgx5adcagbr1vj81pg5fhh-guix-daemon.drv...
successfully built /gnu/store/zs7nr84r1wkgx5adcagbr1vj81pg5fhh-guix-daemon.
drv
building /gnu/store/4zisbw8kkagrscibxn2kp75pryyy9dqa-guix-cabe8f184.drv...
successfully built /gnu/store/4zisbw8kkagrscibxn2kp75pryyy9dqa-guix-cabe8f
184.drv
building /gnu/store/3jfqfg4c0wssq8lm2av8297dq3ry5kz8-guix-nonfree-wingo.
drv...
[ 1/ 1] Compiling './gnu/packages/linux-nonfree.scm'...
successfully built /gnu/store/3jfqfg4c0wssq8lm2av8297dq3ry5kz8-guix-nonfree-
wingo.drv
building /gnu/store/z9mgfj87zpdw91g553xi32h1w7b7j4mw-module-import-compiled.
drv...
[ 1/ 1] Compiling './guix/build/utils.scm'...
successfully built /gnu/store/z9mgfj87zpdw91g553xi32h1w7b7j4mw-module-import
-compiled.drv
building /gnu/store/mgrfbhnjkib39zq20f560jxvni0aflc2-guix-nonfree-wingo.
drv...
successfully built /gnu/store/mgrfbhnjkib39zq20f560jxvni0aflc2-guix-nonfree-
wingo.drv
building CA certificate bundle...
successfully built /gnu/store/rmfinlzdykwk2zb4d4jqggjlyhks0fxv-ca-
certificate-bundle.drv
building fonts directory...
successfully built /gnu/store/zng7c6a5q0v70yn1x4b5zmsbs3260440-fonts-dir.drv
building directory of Info manuals...
Backtrace:
          10 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/0f4zf4bnfasysq3lsc0a6rfcsp6?")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   721:20  9 (primitive-eval (begin (use-modules (guix build #) ?) ?))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
  1235:36  8 (expand-top-sequence ((begin (use-modules (# # ?) ?) ?)) ?)
  1182:24  7 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
  1182:24  6 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
   285:10  5 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) (()) _ c&e (eval) ?)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  3377:20  4 (process-use-modules _)
   222:17  3 (map1 (((guix build utils)) ((srfi srfi-1)) ((srfi ?)) ?))
  3378:31  2 (_ ((guix build utils)))
   2803:6  1 (resolve-interface _ #:select _ #:hide _ #:prefix _ # _ ?)
In unknown file:
           0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S" ("no code for modu?" ?) ?)

ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
no code for module (guix build utils)
builder for `/gnu/store/21dpv46d3bqxivs7mq0jqic6d5hdjmph-info-dir.drv' 
failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/21dpv46d3bqxivs7mq0jqic6d5hdjmph-info-dir.drv failed
View build log at '/var/log/guix/drvs/21/dpv46d3bqxivs7mq0jqic6d5hdjmph-info
-dir.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/1108wbnyinkgpndfrbs62ry42xsrh69z-
profile.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix pull: error: build failed: build of `/gnu/store/1108wbnyinkgpndfrbs62ry
42xsrh69z-profile.drv' failed
root@yoga-guix /home/timothy/config/guix# guix system reconfigure config.scm

guix system: warning: Your Guix installation is 27 days old.
guix system: warning: Consider running 'guix pull' followed by
'guix system reconfigure' to get up-to-date packages and security updates.

substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/3jkq4vaah10y2j0lvf17cb2cn2krplbz-boot.drv
   /gnu/store/jdp3xs6r77cbhpg114k2q9ss3j31vhin-shepherd.conf.drv
   /gnu/store/07a6r0b2rr8ikjcf0h55zhvbyv37if7d-shepherd-xorg-server.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/2a3104fxa3hvmfm4syisc2qqlikkqhlj-slim.cfg.drv
   /gnu/store/hv8zpm7ga51sd18pn48nldpz3y99mvi8-startx.drv
   /gnu/store/6hf4bdrzad3g22wsk86784s315zf9bd0-profile.drv
   /gnu/store/xhlgdwg6q4qmim13k0yak1jpmjpk5c35-grub.cfg.drv
   /gnu/store/pwd9mfvijn0b83n2rxmfkdmfqc1qxspr-system.drv
The following profile hooks will be built:
   /gnu/store/47j444pc8p124kry7fy2bz5bsssbxh4f-manual-database.drv
   /gnu/store/5zih3px96j4fllllcyngp95sq8211d6f-info-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/jk70lskj0v8bqfb76qyhr0wk3qwsy9w3-xdg-mime-database.drv
   /gnu/store/ypvrn8ymv0xnppy34jg8kqrppkdwbddz-xdg-desktop-database.drv
building directory of Info manuals...
builder for `/gnu/store/5zih3px96j4fllllcyngp95sq8211d6f-info-dir.drv' 
failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/5zih3px96j4fllllcyngp95sq8211d6f-info-dir.drv failed
View build log at '/var/log/guix/drvs/5z/ih3px96j4fllllcyngp95sq8211d6f-info
-dir.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/6hf4bdrzad3g22wsk86784s315zf9bd0-
profile.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/hv8zpm7ga51sd18pn48nldpz3y99mvi8-startx.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/pwd9mfvijn0b83n2rxmfkdmfqc1qxspr-system.
drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix system: error: build failed: build of `/gnu/store/pwd9mfvijn0b83n2
rxmfkdmfqc1qxspr-system.drv' failed
root@yoga-guix /home/timothy/config/guix# guix pull
Updating channel 'guix-nonfree-wingo' from Git repository at 'https://
github.com/wingo/guix-nonfree.git'...
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.
org/git/guix.git'...
Building from these channels:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    cabe8f1
  guix-nonfree-wingohttps://github.com/wingo/guix-nonfree.git    455d9dd
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... /
The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/1108wbnyinkgpndfrbs62ry42xsrh69z-profile.drv
The following profile hooks will be built:
   /gnu/store/71ykizf5m0mq9awk9nlfaa8i0a1k6ycf-manual-database.drv
   /gnu/store/21dpv46d3bqxivs7mq0jqic6d5hdjmph-info-dir.drv
building directory of Info manuals...
Backtrace:
          10 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/0f4zf4bnfasysq3lsc0a6rfcsp6?")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   721:20  9 (primitive-eval (begin (use-modules (guix build #) ?) ?))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
  1235:36  8 (expand-top-sequence ((begin (use-modules (# # ?) ?) ?)) ?)
  1182:24  7 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
  1182:24  6 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
   285:10  5 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) (()) _ c&e (eval) ?)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  3377:20  4 (process-use-modules _)
   222:17  3 (map1 (((guix build utils)) ((srfi srfi-1)) ((srfi ?)) ?))
  3378:31  2 (_ ((guix build utils)))
   2803:6  1 (resolve-interface _ #:select _ #:hide _ #:prefix _ # _ ?)
In unknown file:
           0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S" ("no code for modu?" ?) ?)

ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
no code for module (guix build utils)
builder for `/gnu/store/21dpv46d3bqxivs7mq0jqic6d5hdjmph-info-dir.drv' 
failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/21dpv46d3bqxivs7mq0jqic6d5hdjmph-info-dir.drv failed
View build log at '/var/log/guix/drvs/21/dpv46d3bqxivs7mq0jqic6d5hdjmph-info
-dir.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/1108wbnyinkgpndfrbs62ry42xsrh69z-
profile.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix pull: error: build failed: build of `/gnu/store/1108wbnyinkgpndfrbs62ry
42xsrh69z-profile.drv' failed

When I run guix system reconfigure I get a similar error:

# cat config.scm

(use-modules (gnu) (gnu system nss) (guix download) (guix packages));(gnu 
services docker))
(use-service-modules desktop)
(use-package-modules certs gnome)

(define %trezor-udev-rule
  (file->udev-rule
    "51-android-udev.rules"
    (let ((version "dddc6289742f6e0cb7f8feec13dbabe199111dc1"))
      (origin
       (method url-fetch)
       (uri (string-append "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/trezor/trezor-
common/"
                           version "/udev/51-trezor.rules"))
       (sha256 (base32 "06yqq3ydakigfv1mjl4hjzy3q5k6j4l9ly4n3ahx6h5rc8jy7bf
8"))))))

(operating-system
  (host-name "yoga-guix")
  (timezone "Europe/Prague")
  (locale "en_US.utf8")
  ;(kernel linux-nonfree)
  ;(firmware (append (list
  ;                   iwlwifi-firmware-nonfree)
  ;                  %base-firmware))

  ;; Use the UEFI variant of GRUB with the EFI System
  ;; Partition mounted on /boot/efi.
  (bootloader (bootloader-configuration
                (bootloader grub-efi-bootloader)
                (target "/boot/efi")))

  ;; Specify a mapped device for the encrypted root partition.
  ;; The UUID is that returned by 'cryptsetup luksUUID'.
  (mapped-devices
   (list (mapped-device
          (source (uuid "b36255d2-ecc5-428f-87c3-cca2a7e59b25"))
          (target "my-root")
          (type luks-device-mapping))))

  (file-systems (cons (file-system
                        (device (file-system-label "my-root"))
                        (mount-point "/")
                        (type "ext4")
                        (dependencies mapped-devices))
                      (cons (file-system
                        (device "/dev/sda1")
                        (mount-point "/boot/efi")
                        (type "vfat")
                        (dependencies mapped-devices))
                      %base-file-systems)))

  (users (cons (user-account
                (name "timothy")
                (comment "Main account")
                (group "users")
                (supplementary-groups '("wheel" "netdev"
                                        "audio" "video")
                                      ); "docker"))
                (home-directory "/home/timothy"))
               %base-user-accounts))

  ;; This is where we specify system-wide packages.
  (packages (cons* nss-certs         ;for HTTPS access
                   gvfs              ;for user mounts
                   %base-packages))

  ;; Add GNOME and/or Xfce---we can choose at the log-in
  ;; screen with F1.  Use the "desktop" services, which
  ;; include the X11 log-in service, networking with
  ;; NetworkManager, and more.
  (services (cons* (xfce-desktop-service)
                   ;(service docker-service-type)
                   (modify-services %desktop-services
   (udev-service-type config =>
     (udev-configuration (inherit config)
      (rules (append (udev-configuration-rules config)
                     (list %trezor-udev-rule))))))))

  ;; Allow resolution of '.local' host names with mDNS.
  (name-service-switch %mdns-host-lookup-nss))

# guix system reconfigure config.scm 
guix system: warning: Your Guix installation is 27 days old.
guix system: warning: Consider running 'guix pull' followed by
'guix system reconfigure' to get up-to-date packages and security updates.

The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/3jkq4vaah10y2j0lvf17cb2cn2krplbz-boot.drv
   /gnu/store/jdp3xs6r77cbhpg114k2q9ss3j31vhin-shepherd.conf.drv
   /gnu/store/07a6r0b2rr8ikjcf0h55zhvbyv37if7d-shepherd-xorg-server.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/2a3104fxa3hvmfm4syisc2qqlikkqhlj-slim.cfg.drv
   /gnu/store/hv8zpm7ga51sd18pn48nldpz3y99mvi8-startx.drv
   /gnu/store/6hf4bdrzad3g22wsk86784s315zf9bd0-profile.drv
   /gnu/store/xhlgdwg6q4qmim13k0yak1jpmjpk5c35-grub.cfg.drv
   /gnu/store/pwd9mfvijn0b83n2rxmfkdmfqc1qxspr-system.drv
The following profile hooks will be built:
   /gnu/store/47j444pc8p124kry7fy2bz5bsssbxh4f-manual-database.drv
   /gnu/store/5zih3px96j4fllllcyngp95sq8211d6f-info-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/jk70lskj0v8bqfb76qyhr0wk3qwsy9w3-xdg-mime-database.drv
   /gnu/store/ypvrn8ymv0xnppy34jg8kqrppkdwbddz-xdg-desktop-database.drv
building directory of Info manuals...
builder for `/gnu/store/5zih3px96j4fllllcyngp95sq8211d6f-info-dir.drv' 
failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/5zih3px96j4fllllcyngp95sq8211d6f-info-dir.drv failed
View build log at '/var/log/guix/drvs/5z/ih3px96j4fllllcyngp95sq8211d6f-info
-dir.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/6hf4bdrzad3g22wsk86784s315zf9bd0-
profile.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/hv8zpm7ga51sd18pn48nldpz3y99mvi8-startx.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/pwd9mfvijn0b83n2rxmfkdmfqc1qxspr-system.
drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix system: error: build failed: build of `/gnu/store/pwd9mfvijn0b83n2
rxmfkdmfqc1qxspr-system.drv' failed

Interestingly, I can apparently still install packages as a normal user. 
"guix package -i vim" still works.

$ guix package -i vim
guix package: warning: Your Guix installation is 28 days old.
guix package: warning: Consider running 'guix pull' followed by
'guix package -u' to get up-to-date packages and security updates.

The following package will be upgraded:
   vim    8.1.0644 → 8.1.0644    /gnu/store/xpmgf3qa7ygz89829275qv3af5l0m790
-vim-8.1.0644

substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/9r6wv1z2bv4qvixbpbx00ivabbag1w71-profile.drv
The following profile hooks will be built:
   /gnu/store/9nigd5asmabi8fy3hnxmip7flx5spwn2-manual-database.drv
   /gnu/store/4l73z6bkk92cm2igv276bvl4fzjs7n7i-xdg-mime-database.drv
   /gnu/store/9y5lq4ygxiv30mbcjwvmpcc6qdv6d40x-gtk-im-modules.drv
   /gnu/store/aw9q4nra3h7kk2dp925rjvlmz8143xpk-fonts-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/ipql4jmlhazxx1vzwbhgw5sp37y22py7-ghc-package-cache.drv
   /gnu/store/j2qc11mc9adwks7zs5drfqwrckdhg05d-ca-certificate-bundle.drv
   /gnu/store/p554ffq3lriv78gjnxy2jibnh7qxrnc2-info-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/r08v8pcvxp3kij62f578a68fj8487sbk-xdg-desktop-database.drv
   /gnu/store/xpf1m7a7pwaaf8sc117b7kb6scjvkpdk-glib-schemas.drv
   /gnu/store/zgjqrs8i7q3j6l9y2d959yac4m7515mq-gtk-icon-themes.drv
building CA certificate bundle...
building fonts directory...
building GHC package cache...
generating GLib schema cache...
creating GTK+ icon theme cache...
building cache files for GTK+ input methods...
building directory of Info manuals...
building database for manual pages...
building XDG desktop file cache...
building XDG MIME database...
building /gnu/store/9r6wv1z2bv4qvixbpbx00ivabbag1w71-profile.drv...
89 packages in profile