Subject: bug#35270: 27.0.50; gnus nnimap weird interaction between select methods

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 16:34:22 +0100

Deus Max <[email-masked]> writes:

> Following the recent strange behaviors with gnus group buffers and other
> gnus related stuff, I decided to have a clean start for my gnus:
>
> 1. removed the gnus start-up files:
>    mv .newsrc dot-newsrc
>    mv .newsrc.eld dot-newsrc.eld
>    mv .gnus.el dot-gnus.el   -- (empty anyway)
>    rm .*~

Can you reproduce this starting from 'emacs -Q' in a clean HOME
directory, i.e. with

  HOME=$(mktemp -d) emacs -Q

or similar?  I ask because it is possible for something in your
configuration and/or home directory to be interfering, see e.g.
https://debbugs.gnu.org/35208#11

Thanks,

-- 
Basil