Subject: bug#35267: Evolution

From: Ben Sturmfels <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 14:52:58 +1000

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019, Timothy Sample wrote:

> It looks like Evolution is asking D-Bus about Evolution Data Server
> (specifically its “Sources5” service).  Unfortunately, D-Bus can’t find
> this service.
>
> It could be that you need to install “evolution-data-server” in your
> profile.
>
> However, if you are using GDM, that may not be enough.  GDM starts D-Bus
> in a way that makes it ignorant of services in your user profile.  For
> now, if you include “evolution-data-server” in the “packages” field of
> your system configuration file, it should work.

That matches what I'm seeing - evolution was working properly for
me with evolution-data-server installed in my user profile, but stopped
working in the last week or two which is about when I switched my system
to GDM. Now on GDM, adding "evolution-data-server" to my system profile
fixes evolution.

Regards,
Ben