Subject: Re: bug#35267: Evolution

From: Luther Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 20:55:51 -0400

On Tue, 2019-04-16 at 00:41 -0400, Timothy Sample wrote:
> It looks like Evolution is asking D-Bus about Evolution Data Server
> (specifically its “Sources5” service).  Unfortunately, D-Bus can’t
> find
> this service.
> 
> It could be that you need to install “evolution-data-server” in your
> profile.
> 
> However, if you are using GDM, that may not be enough.  GDM starts D-
> Bus
> in a way that makes it ignorant of services in your user
> profile.  For
> now, if you include “evolution-data-server” in the “packages” field
> of
> your system configuration file, it should work.

I added evolution-data-server to my system config, and Evolution now
finally works for the first time. Thank you very much! (I did not try
it in my user profile.)

Luther