Subject: bug#35267: Evolution

From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 00:41:49 -0400

Hello,

Luther Thompson <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 21:40:18 +0200
> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> "The Philosopher" <[email-masked]> skribis:
>> 
>> > While adding account, evolution is throwing error "The name
>> > org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.Sources5 was not provided by any
>> > .service files".  
>> 
>> Can you explain the actions you took to reach that error?
>
> I'm having the same problem. Here's how it happens:
>
> 1. Open Evolution. The Welcome window automatically pops up.
> 2. Click "Next" and go through the process of setting up your email
> account. (I don't restore from a backup.)
> 3. At the end of that process, click "Apply". The error window appears.

It looks like Evolution is asking D-Bus about Evolution Data Server
(specifically its “Sources5” service).  Unfortunately, D-Bus can’t find
this service.

It could be that you need to install “evolution-data-server” in your
profile.

However, if you are using GDM, that may not be enough.  GDM starts D-Bus
in a way that makes it ignorant of services in your user profile.  For
now, if you include “evolution-data-server” in the “packages” field of
your system configuration file, it should work.

For a nicer fix, we should improve the way D-Bus is started.  Maybe we
should start it from a login shell, reusing “exec-from-login-shell”.

-- Tim