Subject: Re: bug#35246: 26.2; Mouse wheel scrolling in GTK build sometimes scrolls the entire buffer

From: Alex Gramiak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 19:15:07 -0600

Alex Gramiak <[email-masked]> writes:

> I just got another issue, and this time:
>
> 1) Busy cursor briefly appeared after several seconds of a
> non-responsive Emacs.
>
> 2) Scrolling occurred right after with a seemingly normal scrolling
> distance.
>
> This time I got a clean C-h l since I just saved a buffer beforehand:
>
>    <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
>    <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
>    <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
>    <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
>    <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5>
>    [mwheel-scroll]
>    <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
>    C-h l [view-lossage]
>
> FWIW I don't see the <help-echo> prefixes when scrolling normally.

Damn, this just occurred to me again, but this time there were no
help-echo prefixes...

   <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
   <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
   <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
   <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
   <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
   <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
   <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
   <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
   <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
   <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
   <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
   <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
   <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> [mwheel-scroll]
   C-h l [view-lossage]