Subject: Re: bug#35246: 26.2; Mouse wheel scrolling in GTK build sometimes scrolls the entire buffer

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 21:49:02 +0300

> From: Alex Gramiak <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 11:10:30 -0600
> 
> > The question is where did those events come from?  Is it possible that
> > something is wrong with your mouse wheel or the driver?
> 
> I'd be surprised, since Emacs is the only program that I've seen this
> occur in. I scroll a fair bit with the mouse wheel in Firefox and have
> never seen this there.

So you did actually scroll the wheel when this happened in Emacs, just
not that much?  I thought these scroll events were unrelated to what
you did at the time.  If you did use the mouse when that happened, can
you describe what you did with it?

> >> P.S. Is there a way to get the event time in C-h l? If not, I think
> >> there should be an option for that.
> >
> > How would that help?  You'll most probably see very close times there.
> 
> There may have been some scroll events that occurred before I refocused
> the frame that wouldn't have close times, so it might be nice to
> distinguish them.

I don't understand: before you refocus the frame, the scroll events
are not delivered to Emacs, they are delivered to the frame or window
that has focus.  Right?