Subject: bug#35230: char-displayable-p return code is conflictingly documented

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 17:09:23 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> +This function may return non-@code{nil} even when there is no font
>> +available, since it also checks if the coding system for the text
>> +terminal can encode the character.
>>  @end defun
>
> Thanks.  I think we should tell more about the testing of text
> terminal capabilities, because otherwise the reference to terminal
> encoding comes out of the blue without being mentioned anywhere else,
> since the preceding text talks only about fonts and fontsets,
> i.e. only about GUI frames.

Robert, this was over a year ago -- the documentation fix is an
improvement, but did you look into also saying some words about text
terminal capabilities?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no