Subject: Summary commands to go to the next/previous unseen article

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 02:50:51 +0200

Hello,

this is a request to add commands `gnus-summary-next-unseen-article' and
`gnus-summary-prev-unseen-article'; analogue to
`gnus-summary-next-unread-article' and
`gnus-summary-prev-unread-article', but for unseen instead of unread
articles.

These commands would fit a, I think, quite common use case: you read
mails, but you're short of time and didn't read everything so you leave
unread articles.  When you check the next time, you may want to have a
look to only unseen articles to see if there is something new that is
important.

You currently can only do / . (`gnus-summary-limit-to-unseen'), but you
loose the thread display, so being able to move by unseen articles would
be comfortable.

Thanks,

Michael.

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 20, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5)
 of 2019-04-09
200 nntp.aioe.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.5.4 ready (posting ok)