Subject: Re: bug#35208: 27.0.50; Gnus nndraft error when saving message buffer

From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 09:24:32 +0900

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 18:24:02 +0100, Basil L. Contovounesios wrote:
> Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]> writes:
>> The message is saved with no error, hmmm.
[...]
> Hmm, that's odd.  I can reproduce the error 100% of the time.

Oh, I could 100% reproduce this issue.  Maybe the cause of
the failure was I did it in the real home directory instead of
the pseudo home.  Probably Gnus loaded something from ~/News .
Sorry.

Me culprit.  The cause is that `nndraft-update-unread-articles'
fails to go to the nndraft:queue group (in order to delete the
group line if the group has no unread article).  nndraft:queue
and its directory are created when Gnus launches, and it is
registered into `gnus-active-hashtb' but not `gnus-newsrc-hashtb'.
So, `gnus-group-goto-group', that I recently changed so as to
use `gnus-newsrc-hashtb' instead of `gnus-active-hashtb', fails
to find the nndraft:queue group.

I've pushed the fix.  Thank you for pointing this out.

Regards,